Constantine K. Kyriakides Scholarship
SCHOLARSHIP NOTICE FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES ABROAD
IN MEMORY OF CONSTANTINE K. KYRIAKIDES
ACADEMIC YEAR 2017/2018
Kyriakides Georgopoulos Law Firm, within the context of its social corporate responsibility, and in memory of its co-founder Constantine K. Kyriakides, proclaims a Memorial Scholarship for the academic year 2017/2018, addressed to graduates of Greek law schools, who wish to complete postgraduate studies (Master’s Degree) abroad. According to the pertinent decision of the Management Committee of Kyriakides Georgopoulos Law Firm, this financial aid is provided in memory of Constantine K. Kyriakides and is addressed to law school graduates who are in need of financial assistance and are distinguished for their acumen, their academic excellence, their integrity and intent to further innovate in the legal profession.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
a) Greek nationality;
b) Age limit: Applicants must be borne after 01.01.1990;
c) A law degree of a Greek law school (A.E.I.) with an average grade of 7,5/10
As a graduate, i.e. holder of a Greek law degree, is also considered the applicant that before the closing date for the submission of applications, shall submit a certification from the secretariat of the respective law school that he/she has successfully been examined in the entirety of the required courses and has fulfilled his/her duties and obligations necessary for the acquisition of this degree.
d) An official, unconditional and final offer (as the latter emerges from the correspondence of the applicant with the University at issue until 30/06/2017) for the attendance of a postgraduate degree at the University, whereby they shall pursue their studies and for which preference had been declared by the applicants within the context of their application for the scholarship. The pertinent decision devolves entirely upon the applicant. Commencement of the postgraduate studies has to take place within academic year 2017/2018, irrespective of the time that the results of the present Notice shall be made public or of the time, at which the scholarship shall be payable.
e) Applicants must have the necessary command of the official language used in the country of destination (or of the official language of the academic program they intend to attend), and must provide proof of the afore-mentioned language proficiency, which also depend on the language requirements of the University at issue.
Language proficiency may be proven in accordance with the rules stated by Greek NARIC at http://www.asep.gr/asep/site/home/LC+Menu/FORIS/Ipodigmata/prok.csp
f) So far as male applicants are concerned:
- They must have fulfilled their military service obligations until 31/08/2017 or have been exempted therefrom or
- Have lawfully deferred their military service for a considerable time, necessary for the fulfillment of their postgraduate studies.
The scholarship may not be suspended or deferred for the purposes of fulfilling military service obligations.
g) Candidates have to substantiate the fact that they are in need of financial assistance for the purposes of pursuing postgraduate studies abroad.
First part of the procedure
Applicants must directly submit by 31/05/2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org scanned copies of the following documentation: a personal, supporting statement of three hundred (300) words maximum, their Police Identity Card or valid Passport, a detailed CV, transcript of Law Degree, qualification certifying an excellent command in the language of the country of destination, their correspondence with the Universities abroad, at which they wish to undertake their postgraduate studies as well as a solemn declaration that they fulfill the entirety of the eligibility criteria.
Second part of the procedure
1. Applicants who meet the criteria shall be notified thereof by email so as to subsequently send by post to 28 Dimitriou Soutsou Street, 11521, Athens (Mavili Square) ratified copies and/or originals of the documents, scanned copies of which were submitted within the context of the First part of the procedure as well as: A Certificate issued by the competent Bar Association, certifying the time during which the applicant has been a Lawyer-Member or Trainee (so long as the applicants have already started or completed their traineeship), a Military Service Certificate (for male candidates), two (2) legal academic references, copies of awards, publications and a tax clearance sheet issued by the competent Tax Office.
2. Following assessment of each candidature, the candidates that have been shortlisted by the Assessment Committee shall be invited to attend an interview in person, after having been notified to that effect over the phone.
Third part of the procedure
2. Following the completion of the interviews, the Assessment Committee as well as the Academic Counselor shall reach a decision, on the basis of a plethora of criteria, which also include the general academic profile of each candidate. In case of a tie, candidates who demonstrated a need for financial assistance, for the purposes of pursuing postgraduate studies abroad, shall be prioritized.
3. Each candidate and the selected scholarship holder shall be notified of the results by email.
Prospective candidates are advised to study carefully the Scholarship Regulation which can be downloaded here in Greek and in English.